Celia and I decided to make homemade Jackfruit ice cream today. I was a bit skeptical, since we haven’t seen this in any of our favorite ice cream shops. After the first taste, I imagined myself somewhere in Southeast Asia. Oh mann it’s amazing!
2.5 cups of heavy cream
3/4 cups sugar
4 egg yolks
20 oz can Jackfruit w/ syrup
1. In a pot, pour the 2.5 cups of heavy cream and 6 tablespoons of sugar. Stir until it simmers
2. In a separate heat safe bowl, Mix the 4 egg yolks and 6 tablespoons of sugar.
3. Once the pot of heavy cream gets to a simmer, slowly pour this into the bowl that has the egg yolks (make sure you whisk while pouring to help prevent the eggs from curdling)
4. After all the liquid is evenly mixed with egg yolks, pour the mix back into the pot. Bring the mixture back to a low simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. (make sure to stir)
5. Now that it’s thickened pour it back into a bowl and chill for 3hrs
6. While that chills, puree the jackfruit meat
7. In the ice cream maker pour in the 0.5 cup of juice and puree with chilled mixture
8. Bam! it’s done